- Education Seminar 2020
- The Education Seminar 2020 is being held at Hillscourt, near Birmingham, from 27th - 29th February. Further details and a booking form can be downloaded here.
- Competition and Markets Authority Update
- On 29th November 2019 the Competition and Markets Authority published summaries of hearings and roundtables as part of their investigation into the funerals sector. The hearings and roundtables summaries can be found here.
- Increase in Funeral Expenses Payment
- The Minister for Welfare Delivery, Will Quince, has announced that from Spring 2020 the Funeral Expenses Payment in England and Wales will rise from a maximum of £700.00 to £1000.00. This will be the first time the payment has been increased since 2003. Further details can be found here.
- Revised Cremation Forms Guidance
- The Ministry of Justice has issued revised guidance for medical practitioners and medical referees regarding the completion of cremation forms. A copy of the guidance for medical practitioners can be found here. A copy of the guidance for medical referees can be found here. The new guidance removes the requirement in some Coroner's areas for deaths within 24 hours of admission to a hospital to be reported to the Coroner - there is no requirement in law for a death to be reported to a Coroner on the basis that it occurred within a certain period of time after admission to hospital.
- Scottish Government Video
- The Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team are encouraging anyone who works with bereaved families to watch a video produced by the NHS Education for Scotland on 'talking to parents about their decisions around burial or cremation after the death of their baby. The video can be viewed here. Further information and resources on this subject can be viewed here.
- Launch of Research Findings
- At the ICCM Learning Convention Dr Julie Rugg presented the results of research carried out by herself and Dr Sarah Jones looking at how much funerals matter. A full copy of the resultant findings, Funeral Experts by Experience: what matters to them, can be seen here. An infographic summarising the main findings can be seen here.
- Scottish Government Guidance
- The Scottish Government has issued revised Guidance on the Cremation (Scotland) Regulations 2019 - a copy can be downloaded here. The Scottish Government has also issued a newsletter detailing the procedures for the electronic transfer of Form 14 when an application for cremation is made - a copy can be downloaded here.
- Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team Newsletter - Autumn 2019
- A copy of the latest newsletter from the Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team can be downloaded here.
- Competition and Markets Authority
- The Competition and Markets Authority has published a working paper as part of their investigation into the funerals sector. The paper, Approach to profitability and financial analysis, is available here.
- Children's Funeral Fund
- The Ministry of Justice has released Technical Guidance relating to the operation of the Children's Funeral Fund for England. The Guidance can be seen here. Further information and the forms for burial and cremation authorities, and funeral directors, to claim from the Children's Funeral Fund, can be found here.
- ICCM Recycling of Pacemakers Scheme
- The ICCM, in association with Orthometals, has launched a scheme to recycle pacemakers removed prior to cremation that will run alongside the ICCM Recycling of Metals scheme. Further information can be found here.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners