- A One Stop Shop for Bereavement Support
- A charity, AtaLoss.org, has been set up to provide a one-stop shop for Bereavement Support. AtaLoss.org provides a unique, national, one-stop web based information service, signposting people to the range of bereavement services that exist across the UK. More information about the Charity can be found here, and their website can be found here.
- The Spring Journal
- The deadline for the receipt of articles and advertisements for the Spring Journal is 15th January 2019. Please email email@example.com if you have anything you would like to submit.
- Implementation of the Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016 - Winter 2018 Newsletter
- The Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Team has published their latest newsletter on the implementation of the Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016. The newsletter can be downloaded here
- Competition and Markets Authority Funerals Probe
The CMA launched a market study into the funeral sector 6 months ago, and has published an interim report on 29 November 2018. Given the nature and significance of the issues the CMA has identified, it believes the full powers of a Market Investigation, carried out by an independent group of CMA panel members, are required. The CMA will now be consulting on the potential market investigation reference and welcomes any views on the issues identified in its report by 11 January 2019. Further details, including how to respond, are available here
- Diversity-Ready Cemeteries and Crematoria
- A Briefing Note on a research project funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council and the Economic and Social Research Council on Diversity-Ready Cemeteries and Crematoria in England and Wales can be downloaded here. Further information can be found on the project's website at www.deathscapesanddiversity.org.uk
- Learning Convention and Exhibition 2018
- Copies of the papers presented at the Learning Convention and Exhibition 2018 are available on the Convention page of this website
- One-Day Joint Seminar - A date for your diary
- The Association of Private Cemeteries and Crematoria, The Cremation Society of Great Britain, the Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities and the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management are holding a one-day Joint Seminar on Wednesday March 27th 2019 at the Stratford Manor Hotel. A flyer for the event can be downloaded here.
- Funeral Expense Assistance Regulations: Analysis of Consultation Responses
- From May to August 2018 the Scottish Government ran a consultation on draft Funeral Expense Assistance regulations in which they asked for views on a number of areas including residency, redeterminations, and whether the draft regulations met the intended policy intent. A report providing an independent analysis of the consultation responses received is available here
- Education Seminar 2019
- The Education Seminar 2019 is being held from Thursday 29th February to Saturday 2nd March at the Hillscourt Centre,
Rose Hill, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8RS. A Flyer and Booking form can be downloaded here
- Implementing Medical Examiners
- The Royal College of Pathologists recently hosted a one day training event on the implementation of the medical examiner system from April 2019. A summary of the day can be found here.
- Public Health Funerals - ICCM Position Statement
- The ICCM Board of Directors has issued a position statement on Public Health Funerals. Those responsible for setting policy and making arrangements for such funerals are encouraged to read and take note of the position statement. The position statement can be read here