- Funeral Expense Assistance Regulations: Analysis of Consultation Responses
- From May to August 2018 the Scottish Government ran a consultation on draft Funeral Expense Assistance regulations in which they asked for views on a number of areas including residency, redeterminations, and whether the draft regulations met the intended policy intent. A report providing an independent analysis of the consultation responses received is available here
- Education Seminar 2019
- The Education Seminar 2019 is being held from Thursday 29th February to Saturday 2nd March at the Hillscourt Centre,
Rose Hill, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8RS. A Flyer and Booking form can be downloaded here
- Implementing Medical Examiners
- The Royal College of Pathologists recently hosted a one day training event on the implementation of the medical examiner system from April 2019. A summary of the day can be found here.
- Revised BRAMM Blue Book
- Following a recent revision of the British Standard 8415, BRAMM has amended the BRAMM Blue Book to meet the revised requirements. A copy of the BRAMM Blue Book can be found downloaded free of charge here
- Groundwater in Cemeteries - Environment Agency Requirements
- It is a statutory requirement under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2016, the Water Resources Act 1991 and the Anti Pollution Works Notice Regulations 1999 that measures are taken to protect groundwater from potential pollution sources. The Environment Agency has recently published revised guidance for cemeteries (available here). Risk assessments are now required on all burial sites, both existing and proposed, in order to comply with the guidelines. Guidance on the risk assessments is available here
- Draft Guidance on Funeral Costs in Scotland - Consultation
- The Scottish Government
are keen to gather the views of a wide range of stakeholders, particularly
local authorities, private burial or cremation authorities, funeral directors
and any other groups or individuals with a working knowledge of, or interest
in, burial and cremation or the funeral industry. They are also keen to hear from
individuals and organisations with experience of tackling poverty or providing
consumer advice. The consultation is available via the Scottish Government website at https://consult.gov.scot/social-security/statutory-guidance-on-funeral-costs and the consultation period will run until 8 November.
- Public Health Funerals - ICCM Position Statement
- The ICCM Board of Directors has issued a position statement on Public Health Funerals. Those responsible for setting policy and making arrangements for such funerals are encouraged to read and take note of the position statement. The position statement can be read here
- Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act - Newsletter, Summer 2018
- An update from the Scottish Government on where they are with legislation/regulation can be downloaded here.
- Government Response to Consultation on the Introduction of Medical Examiners and Reforms to Death Certification in England and Wales
- The Government has published its response to consultation carried out in 2016 on the introduction of Medical Examiners and reforms to death certification in England and Wales. A ministerial statement on the response can be downloaded here. A full copy of the response can be downloaded here.
- New Training Courses
- In association with Heartled Wellbeing, the ICCM has developed a range of training courses designed to help bereavement services professionals with responsibility for others to develop their supervisory and management skills. Further details of the courses can be found on the Training page on this website.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners