- Cremation (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2017
The above Regulations have been published and come into effect on 6th April 2018. Revised applications forms are included as is a provision for electronically signing and submitting Forms. The Ministry of Justice will be preparing guidance for circulation in due course.
- General Data Protection Regulations - Following a number of queries - Charles Ward - ICCM's solicitor would invite members to review the following link for information on the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation and how it affects your services - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/resources-and-support/data-protection-self-assessment-toolkit/
- Joint Bereavement Services Seminar - The ICCM, FBCA, APCC and CSGB are holding a joint event on 21st March 2018 at the Hillscourt Center, Rednal Nr Birmingham.
Download the Flyer and Booking Form Here
- BRAMM Newsletter - Download the Autumn 2017 newsletter here.
- A series of FREE seminars is being arranged across the UK for 2018. Date and venues to follow.
- Education Seminar 2018 - The event Flyer, Booking Form and further information are available from the Seminar Page.
- Royal London Cost of Funerals Report 2017 - Download the report here.
- Learning Convention and Exhibition 2017 - This years papers can be downloaded from the Convention page.
- Coffin Accreditation Schemes
- Incident Report Form
- Legal Opinion
- Funeral Cost Plan SCOTLAND - The Scottish Government has issued its 10 point plan designed to alleviate funeral poverty Download the plan here.
- Learning Convention and Exhibition 2017
When - 25th to 27th September 2017
Where - The Oxford Belfry Hotel
Join the largest gathering of UK burial and cremation authorities and Professionals.
Add to your diary - Further details to follow.
- Municipal Funeral Services. In view of interest received from members on creating a municipal funeral service the Institute has produced an Example Tender and Specification and Example Letter.
- Burial and Cremation (Scotland) Act 2016 - Transitional Arrangements
- The Scottish Government has issued a Newsletter detailing the arrangements for the introduction of the new Act. Members in Scotland are advised to keep up to speed as the new legislation is gradually introduced.
- Education Seminar 2017
- 9th to 11th March 2017 at the Hillscourt Centre, Nr Birmingham.
- Download the Flyer and Booking Form from the Education Seminar page
- FREE BRAMM Seminars at locations around the country.
- See the BRAMM page for further information, locations and booking details.
- NEW ICCM Diploma
The Diploma has undergone reaccreditation by Pearson. Full information is available on the Education Page. Note that a unit in the management of natural burial grounds is available and will be followed by a new Diploma in the Management of Natural burial Grounds.
- Royal London Cost of Funeral Report 2016
- Direct cremation emerging and having an effect.
- Download the report here.
- The Cremation (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
The above Regulations will come into effect on 1st October 2016. The Regulations can be downloaded here. The Ministerial Statement to Parliament about these changes, and further work that is being done to improve cremation regulation and practice following the recent consultation on infant cremations, is available here.
- BRAMM Blue Book Revised and Updated
Download the Blue Book and circulate to your local memorial masons. Easy to understand guide to compliance with BS8415.
- Scottish Government Tackling Funeral Poverty report Published.
Recommends licensing of funeral directors and parity in cemetery and crematorium charges.
- Letter from the MoJ - Scottish Legislation Death Certification.
The MoJ letter to Medical Referees in England and Wales explains the forms and certificates required when a body is brought from Scotland for cremation.
- Amendment to Section 25 of the Burial Act 1857
The above legislation will be amended and simplified from 1st January 2015 by the Church of England (Miscellaneous Provisions) Measure 2014.
Currently a Faculty only is required to exhume remains from consecrated ground and rebury in another consecrated place.
From 1st January 2015 you will only need approval from either the Secretary of State (via a Ministry of Justice license) or the Church of England, depending on the current location of the remains.
Members will have received an E-Newsletter however the Ministry of Justice has issued a summary.
Infant Cremation Commission - REPORT PUBLISHED - Members in all parts of the UK are strongly advised to read the report in full.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners