- Royal London Cost of Funeral Report 2016
- Download the report here.
- The Cremation (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
The above Regulations will come into effect on 1st October 2016. The Regulations can be downloaded here. The Ministerial Statement to Parliament about these changes, and further work that is being done to improve cremation regulation and practice following the recent consultation on infant cremations, is available here.
- SOLD OUT . Only day delegate places available. Learning Convention and Exhibition 2016
- 31st October to 2nd November
- Oxford Belfry Hotel
- Price reduction for 2016 - only £430.00 plus VAT for ICCM members
- The largest UK gathering of cemetery and crematoria personnel, burial and cremation authorities and suppliers
- Download the Convention Guide here
- Download a booking form here
- Scotland - Social Security Consultation Includes Funeral Payment at Part 2 Item 9
- Download the 13 week consultation here
- Cremation of Fetuses to be brought into regulation in England and Wales.
Ministry of Justice response to the recent consultation can be downloaded here.
Regulation, definition of ashes, statutory forms, codes of practice and possible Inspector of Crematoria.
- National Investigation Report SCOTLAND. Baby and Infant Cremations. Download the report here.
- Read the Response of the Scottish Government
- BRAMM Blue Book Revised and Updated
Download the Blue Book and circulate to your local memorial masons. Easy to understand guide to compliance with BS8415.
- Scottish Government Tackling Funeral Poverty report Published.
Recommends licensing of funeral directors and parity in cemetery and crematorium charges.
- Letter from the MoJ - Scottish Legislation Death Certification.
The MoJ letter to Medical Referees in England and Wales explains the forms and certificates required when a body is brought from Scotland for cremation.
- Amendment to Section 25 of the Burial Act 1857
The above legislation will be amended and simplified from 1st January 2015 by the Church of England (Miscellaneous Provisions) Measure 2014.
Currently a Faculty only is required to exhume remains from consecrated ground and rebury in another consecrated place.
From 1st January 2015 you will only need approval from either the Secretary of State (via a Ministry of Justice license) or the Church of England, depending on the current location of the remains.
Members will have received an E-Newsletter however the Ministry of Justice has issued a summary.
Infant Cremation Commission - REPORT PUBLISHED - Members in all parts of the UK are strongly advised to read the report in full.
Diploma - Crematorium Management Unit review. Upgrade your accredited qualification to include specifics relating to baby and infant cremation.
(Included for those enrolling from December 2014)
MORTONHALL REPORT - Cremation of Babies
Members will be aware that Edinburgh City Council commissioned the RT Hon Dame Elish Angiolini DBE QC to investigate matters surrounding the cremation of babies following widespread media reports in Scotland. Edinburgh City Council has published the report and it is publicly available for download here.
The report is lengthy however members are advised to read all of the report and particularly the legal and expert opinions contained in Section 2.
Whilst this matter focuses on Scotland, members in all parts of the UK are advised to keep up to speed with this issue.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners