- Scottish Government Video
- The Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team are encouraging anyone who works with bereaved families to watch a video produced by the NHS Education for Scotland on 'talking to parents about their decisions around burial or cremation after the death of their baby. The video can be viewed here. Further information and resources on this subject can be viewed here.
- One Day Seminar
- The ICCM and Cemetery Development Services Ltd are holding a one-day Seminar on Thursday 21st November 2019 at Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire. The topic of the Seminar is Managing the Operational Risks from Cemeteries and Crematoria. Further details and a booking form can be downloaded here. Places are limited so early booking is advised.
- New Technical Services and Journal Officer
- We are pleased to announce that Sofia Allana has started as the new ICCM Technical Services and Journal Officer. Sofia will be pleased to answer any technical enquiries you may have, and to receive any articles or ideas for the Journal. Sofia's contact details can be found here.
- Launch of Research Findings
- At the ICCM Learning Convention Dr Julie Rugg presented the results of research carried out by herself and Dr Sarah Jones looking at how much funerals matter. A full copy of the resultant findings, Funeral Experts by Experience: what matters to them, can be seen here. An infographic summarising the main findings can be seen here.
- Scottish Government Guidance
- The Scottish Government has issued revised Guidance on the Cremation (Scotland) Regulations 2019 - a copy can be downloaded here. The Scottish Government has also issued a newsletter detailing the procedures for the electronic transfer of Form 14 when an application for cremation is made - a copy can be downloaded here.
- Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team Newsletter - Autumn 2019
- A copy of the latest newsletter from the Scottish Government Burial and Cremation Policy Team can be downloaded here.
- Medical Examiner Bulletin
- The latest (September 2019) edition of the Medical Examiner Bulleting can be viewed here.
- Competition and Markets Authority
- The Competition and Markets Authority has published a working paper as part of their investigation into the funerals sector. The paper, Approach to profitability and financial analysis, is available here.
- Children's Funeral Fund
- The Ministry of Justice has released Technical Guidance relating to the operation of the Children's Funeral Fund for England. The Guidance can be seen here. Further information and the forms for burial and cremation authorities, and funeral directors, to claim from the Children's Funeral Fund, can be found here.
- Able Futures
Able Futures Programme is a free scheme being run for the DWP for people in employment who may be struggling with mental health issues. The programme can be accessed via a freephone
number by anyone who is over 16 and in employment. One in four of us is likely
to experience some form of stress, anxiety or depression during our working
lives. This scheme can help. Further details can be found here.
- National Bereavement Care Pathway
- The National Bereavement Care Pathway (NBCP) aims to improve the bereavement care parents receive after pregnancy or baby loss. It helps professionals to support families in their bereavement after any pregnancy or baby loss. The results of an evaluation of the NBCP, and further information, are available here.
- ICCM Recycling of Pacemakers Scheme
- The ICCM, in association with Orthometals, has launched a scheme to recycle pacemakers removed prior to cremation that will run alongside the ICCM Recycling of Metals scheme. Further information can be found here.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners