Today, 23 December 2021, the Scottish Government published updated guidance on critical worker exemptions. The updated guidance, which contains important new information on self-isolation exemptions for the funeral sector, can be found here.
For more information about how the sector should apply these exemptions, please see the recent blog post setting out the sector specific advice for the funerals sector.
The key points which the sector will wish to be aware of specifically are:
- Businesses and authorities are responsible for administering the exemption.
- Exemptions should be made on a temporary basis and last only for as long as there is an immediate risk to business or service continuity.
- The choice to return to work is voluntary.
- Employees and employers should refer to the Test and Protect guidance for requirements and considerations for return to work.
- Businesses exercising this exemption are expected to notify the Scottish Government via email to the BurialandCremation@gov.scot and include key details around how the exemption is applied.