On 11th August 2020 Public Health England published a revised version of Covid 19: guidance for managing a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic. The main changes to previous guidance include:
- allowing both family and friends to attend a funeral
- the number of people who can attend a funeral
- allowing mourners to stay overnight outside their home
- the safe management of the funeral venue
- the change in requirement to self-isolate for 10 days (previously 7) for those with symptoms of COVID-19
- the requirement to wear face coverings in indoor places of worship, crematoria and burial ground chapels
The full guidance can be read here.