- Children's Funeral Fund for England
- The Prime Minister has announced that a Funeral Fund for grieving parents will be established to pay for burial and cremation costs. Details of the announcement can be found here -
Children's Funeral Fund Announcement
- The press article indicates that local authorities will waive fees for burials and cremations for children under the age of 18, with central government funding them instead. At this stage there is no further information about how the scheme will operate, or whether it will also apply to private sector burial and cremation providers.
- The Cremation (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2017
- The Cremation (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 came into force on 6th April 2018.
- Copies of the new application forms listed in the regulations can be downloaded here:
- Form 1
- Form 2
- Form 3
- Copies of the forms and guidance in Welsh can be downloaded here
- Death Certification
- The National Panel for Registration have written to local authorities advising them to pause in their preparations for the new Medical Examiner system that the Department of Health and Social Care are planning to introduce in April 2019. The text of the message to local authorities from the National Panel for Registration is available here.
- General Data Protection Regulations - Following a number of queries - Charles Ward - ICCM's solicitor would invite members to review the following link for information on the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation and how it affects your services - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/resources-and-support/data-protection-self-assessment-toolkit/
- Previous Latest News Items
- BRAMM Newsletter - Download the Autumn 2017 newsletter here. A series of FREE seminars is being arranged across the UK for 2018. Date and venues to follow.
- Royal London Cost of Funerals Report 2017 - Download the report here.
- Municipal Funeral Services.
In view of interest received from members on creating a municipal funeral service the Institute has produced an Example Tender and Specification and Example Letter.
- Learning Convention and Exhibition 2017 - This years papers can be downloaded from the
- Convention page.
- Coffin Accreditation Schemes
- Incident Report Form
- Legal Opinion
- Baby and Infant Cremation Accreditation Scheme.
A scheme for verifying procedure and certificating technicians in this the most sensitive area of our work.
Full details of the scheme are available here.
- Funeral Cost Plan SCOTLAND - The Scottish Government has issued its 10 point plan designed to alleviate funeral poverty.
Download the plan here.
Use the search box below to search for documents and web pages on this site and our portal partners